Additional New Rider Informatiion
I AM NEW!! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO? WHAT TO WEAR? WHERE TO GET A BIKE??
We love new riders!!! If you are new to the sport and would love to get involved here are some things that will help.
- First you need to just come to the track and try it out. Langley BMX track is open to the public 24/7 so you can come any time to ride it (except during consturction). Prefer not when it's raining!!!
- We run our clinics every Monday from 5:30 – 6:45 and then open practices from 6:45 - 8:00pm. You can come for the clinic and stay riding after or just come and practice. Cost TBA
- What to wear…you need to have long pants, long sleeves, closed toe shoes and a full face helmet. Some extras that we also encourage are gloves.
- What to ride….. 20” BMX racing bike or 24” cruiser, Where to get that?? Used is best and where to find those is to “LIKE” all the BMX tracks in BC, FACEBOOK pages. Here is a list of some of the closest tracks to Langley. You can also look on the BMX Swap/Sale page or just ask us, we are happy to help! Since there are different sizes of BMX racing bikes when you're at the track ask us and we can direct you in the right direction on what size is best for you. We have a selection of loaner bikes and helmets to try before you buy as well.
- Langley BMX puts out information about the track and races on our FACEBOOK page. This will be the most up-to date info you will find about the track. There is also info on our website https://www.langleybmx.ca. We are looking for a better medium so if you have a suggestion, please let us know.
- How much does it cost?? You need a yearly BMX Canada Membership to attend any practices or races at any track in North America (yes, North America!). To find this information please go to www.bmxcanada.org. Once you have that and you want to start racing!
- Your first race is free, plus you get a trophy!
- We LOVE volunteers!!! Our track is fully run-on volunteer support. We do not get paid to do this!!! We do this because we love it, our children love it!!! PLEASE ask us how you can help!