Kamloops BMX Code of Conduct
We are a volunteer run organization that is dedicated to promoting the sport of BMX racing.
Riders' Code of Conduct
- I race because I want to.
- I will ride by the rules.
- I will have a positive attitude.
- I will respect my opponents.
- I will remember that winning isn’t everything – that having fun, improving my skills, making friends and doing my best are the most important.
- I will treat all spectators and participants with respect.
- I will lead by example and always demonstrate good sportsmanship before and after races.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during races.
- I will respect all facilities and equipment made available.
- I will always be polite, positive and respectful of all people involved.
Parents' Code of Conduct
- I will not force my child to race BMX.
- I will not compete through my child.
- I will encourage my child to ride by the rules and to resolve conflict in a positive manor.
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important then winning.
- I will encourage my child to do their best.
- If I get angry at my child, I will agree to compete myself to see how hard it is.
- I will remember that children learn by example.
- I will applaud good riding and performances by both my child and their opponents.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to BMX for my child.
Any form of substance abuse is not permitted