2018 Race For Life Information
The Race For Life is a charity race event where riders and parents fund raise to gather donations for BC Children's Hospital Leukemia Cancer Research. It's all about kids helping kids.
All proceeds from the entry fees will be sent to BC Children's Hospital Leukemia Cancer Reserch. Riders can also collect funds before and after the race and receive special prizes provided by BMX Canada and North Shore BMX, based on the amount collected. Tracks earn the privilege of double point status for their 2018 Race For Life by attaining a $1,500 donation goal this year.
Race Participation / $10 - $19.99 Donation Official "Race For Life" Certificate
$20 - $49.99 Official "Race For Life" Patch
$50 - $249.99 Official "Race For Life" T-Shirt
$250 - $499.99 Official "Race For Life" Jacket
$500 and over All entry fees to this years BMX Canada, Canadian Grands!!!! (*cannot be transferred)
To date, BMX Canada tracks in BC have raised over $400,000.00 and they raised $41,547.89 in total during the 2016 BMX race season! Help us beat that number this year by supporting the Race for Life by riding & fundraising or supporting a local rider!
We are hoping to see lots of riders and families from our track participate this great fundraiser. We are having our Race For Life Race on Wednesday, May 31st. But we are accepting any donation up until Saturday, August 5th.
In 2012, BC tracks sanctioned by BMX Canada liaised with BC Children's Hospital and initiated an online system where people can donate online and anyone can see online how much each club is raising.
HOW TO DONATE & COLLECT DONATIONS ONLINE
- Click here and go to NSBMX Race For Life Fundraising page under BC Children's Hospital Foundation website
- IF YOU JUST WANT TO DONATE, click "DONATE NOW" blue button.
- IF YOU WANT TO COLLECT DONATIONS FROM YOUR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS, create your account by clicking "JOIN TEAM" orange button. And enter your information. Make sure to select "NORTH SHORE BMX" as your team. Your families, friends and neighbours can donate in support of you by clicking your name on TEAM MEMBERS list located in the right bottom of the North Shore BMX Donation Page. You can also send emails to ask for donations directly from your fundraising page through the Email tab.
Please ask people if they want a Tax Receipt when you collect donations. Tax receipt will be issued directly from BC Children's Hospital. Please write down thier Full Name or Comapny Name, Full Address, Phone Number and Amount Donated on the Tax Receipt Sumary sheet attached to the collection envelope. If you are collecting donations online, the tax receipt will be provided online at the time of donation.
2018 RACE FOR LIFE EVENT INFO (DOUBLE POINT RACE)
Come and race BMX and support a great cause!! This event is open to members & non-members, anyone/any age interested in trying out BMX. Bring your families, friends and neighbours to try out our beloved sport of BMX, the newest Olympic cycling discipline!!
- Date: Wednesday, July 25th (Weather Permitting)
- Practice & Registration: 5:30pm - 6:15pm
- Racing starts at 7pm
- Race Fees: Full and Half Track $20
- To Non-members, if you are under 18, your parents need to sign a waiver.