2021 Lumberjack Nationals race report
Spokane BMX is a beautiful track, and their local program continues to produce a ton of top-notch talent, including Supercross' Mikkell Devore and Full Tilt's Kennedy Knopp - to name a couple. Then, take into account all of the Northwest greats - from Amateur title-contender Sean Day, the Raise for Rowyn rippers to the super slammin' Samhammer sisters from Oregon. Geographically, Spokane could just as easily be considered Idaho, since it's located right on the eastern border of Washington - so the Coeur d' Alene locals (just on the other side of the stateline) are basically considered part-time residents in Spokane.
Put them all together, spinkle in some brave Canadians and a buncha California escapees, and we've got outselves a solid 130-moto northwest National (which was a record for Spokane). Perfect weather all weekend, along with a Friday night pizza party put on by the Spokane Sports & Tourism group, and everybody preset was ready to have an awesome time!
We had 17 girls register for the penultimiate 15-15 girls class (okay, maybe it's the Ultimate - but not if you ask 17-20 ladies) ... and they all came to Spokane to put on a show! Napa Valley's Kira Boustead has the pull, while Washington's Jacy Moore and her Ssquared were out to defend their homestate. Add in J&R's Stella Sunseri and the Tangent-Rift twins of Winter and Rah Rah Romero, and Oregon's eldest Samhammer sis, and everybody there knew this would be one main event worth admission.
- 1 KIRA BOUSTEAD, NAPA VALLEY PULL, VALLEJO, CA
- 2 JACY MOORE, SSQUARED, PORT ORCHARD, WA
- 3 SIERRA SAMHAMMER, HYPER, MEDFORD, OR
- 4 KEILEY SHEA, 316RACING/DK, LA HABRA, CA
- 5 SARAH PRUITT, RACEFAST, BELFAIR, WA
- 6 BREANNA WINTER, RIFT TANGENT, ANTELOPE, CA
- 7 DESERAE ROMERO, RIFT TANGENT, APPLE VALLEY, CA
- 8 STELLA SUNSERI, J&R BICYCLES.COM, SAN JOSE, CA
Following such awesome action in Utah (where J&R's Passanisi went from 5th to 1st down the last straightaway), the 11x class is def one not to miss. Again, they did not disapoint, as the
- 1 HAYDEN PASSANISI, J&R BICYCLES.COM, ALPINE, CA
- 2 NOAH RATZLAFF, LA HABRA, CA
- 3 KRUZE QUIRING, WORLEY, ID
- 4 CALEB DURKIN, HYPER, VAUGHN, WA
- 5 SAMUEL TRERISE, NORTHWEST BMX, SHERWOOD, OR
- 6 REESE HUNT, 510 BAY AREA, SHINGLE SPRINGS, CA
- 7 NASH RENFRO, GRANTS PASS, OR
- 8 KAIDEN IRELAND, BMX SHARKS, EVERSON, WA
With 25 riders, the 14X class would be the largest of the weekend, but probably not enough rider count to make a difference in Sean Day's current No.2 standing in Amateur points. Sean is currently only 6 points behind the reigning No.1 Am - his former team mate Cole Frederick. This weekend, Day's biggest challengers would be Shark'y True Bailey and Hyper's Isaac Larson; who seems to have really stepped it up lately. Vegas' Carson Allen (Bombshell), LDC'er Chase Buller and RBR's Trevor Hoffman were all in the hunt to stop Full Tilt's Mr.Unstopable.
Not an easy task.
Sean Day took his Radio bike to three more wins, in his usual speedy and stylish fashion. When you watch El Suave ride, and how he is "one" with the bike, it reminds us of Connor Fields when he was an amateur.
- 1 SEAN DAY, FULL TILT RADIO, TACOMA, WA
- 2 TRUE BAILEY, BMX SHARKS, HENDERSON, NV
- 3 ISAAC LARSON, HYPER, SOUTH JORDAN, UT
- 4 CARSON ALLEN, BOMBSHELL, LAS VEGAS, NV
- 5 CHASE BULLER, SEAN CARVAJAL'S LDC, RODEO, CA
- 6 BRIAN BELBIN, RACER CONCEPTS, PORT ANGELES, WA
- 7 TREVOR HOFFMAN, RIDGE BROS RACING, WILSONVILLE, OR
- 8 EVAN MARKLEY, PUSHER BMX, FRANKTOWN, CO