WHAT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!! GATES GATES GATES!!!!
Monday July 6th we will finally be running our first gate practice of the year. Practice is going to be a lot different from what it has been in the past and we ask for a little patience and understanding as we move forward. We will also require more volunteers and encourage everyone who brings a rider to help out where required as this will reduce the amount of people at the track. Volunteer sign up will be posted when registration is available.
In order for our practices to be successful we need everyone to understand and review the following rules. Parents we also ask for you to review these with your rider as well:
- All participants must pre-register for practice. There will be no onsite registration. An online sign-up will be available in the coming days on our Facebook page. All riders must have a current BMX Canada licence.
- There is to be a maximum of 50 people at the track at one time. This includes all participants, spectators and volunteers. We ask that each rider has no more than one spectator in attendance.
- Spectators are asked to bring their own chairs and sit/stand in the area in front/around the concession. All bleachers will be closed.
- Riders and spectators will be asked to stay in the parking lot at their vehicles until 5 minutes before their designated start time for practice.
- 4 riders maximum will be allowed in the gate, using only lanes 1,3,5,7. This will ensure correct social distance from other riders and the gate operator.
- Full face helmets and gloves will be mandatory and must be worn at all times when riders are in the staging area (area leading up to the start gate). No open-faced helmets are allowed.
- Staging will be marked with social distancing “stop zones” as riders approach the gate.
- Concession and motoshed will be closed and we ask riders to check-in with the start hill volunteer at the start of your practice session.
- Make sure to bring your own water and snacks as the water is currently shut off and the concession is closed.
Our first practice will consist of two time blocks, with 20 riders per slot. 6:00 pm- 6:55 pm and 7:05 pm- 7:50pm. We encourage older riders to register for the later time slot, this will allow younger riders and parent to get home a little earlier.