Kamloops BMX Code of Conduct
We are a volunteer run organization that is dedicated to promoting the sport of BMX racing.
Rider’s Code of Conduct
· I race because I want to.
· I will ride by the rules.
· I will have a positive attitude.
· I will respect my opponents.
· I will remember that winning isn’t everything – that having fun, improving my skills, making friends and doing my best are the most important.
· I will treat all spectators and participants with respect.
· I will lead by example and always demonstrate good sportsmanship before and after races.
· I will respect the officials and their authority during races.
· I will respect all facilities and equipment made available.
· I will always be polite, positive and respectful of all people involved.
Parent’s Code of Conduct
· I will not force my child to race BMX.
· I will not compete through my child.
· I will encourage my child to ride by the rules and to resolve conflict in a positive manor.
· I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important then winning.
· I will encourage my child to do their best.
· If I get angry at my child I will agree to compete myself to see how hard it is.
· I will remember that children learn by example. I will applaud good riding and performances by both my child and their opponents.
· I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who give their time to BMX for my child.
Any kind of substance abuse is not permitted.