Supertrak BMX relies solely on the assistance of volunteers to operate. Last year we started our season with more people coming forward to help and a big thanks to all those who have taken steps to help. However our club needs MORE people to come forward and be part of making BMX racing happen for the kids!! A big thanks to those generous volunteers thus far, and hence we've been able to run many successful club events. But please remember that all those volunteers have jobs, kids, families and other commitments like you and the present board. For your kids, please consider small commitment of time and help. More volunteers means lighter hands for everyone.
If you would like to help but are too busy to donate your time, please consider donating bottles of water, gatorade, baked goods and other stuff we can sell at our concession. Concession is one of the MOST important revenue generators at the track which helps with the operational expenses such as equipment repair and track maintenance.
Supertrak BMX asks that each family volunteer 25 hours of their time to help with the operation of the track. We also ask that each family bring a $150 volunteer cheque at time of registration posted date for September 30. Once your 25 hours of volunteer time is done we will give back your cheque. If a family joins half way through the season (July) they need to bring a $75 volunteer cheque.
Below is a list of the various volunteer positions we need help with on and off the track. We also need volunteers for any fundraisers that we do.
- Set up and take down- setting up/take down equipment, raking, track watering & grooming
- Concession & BBQ
- 50/50 sales
- Corners- to ensure the safety on the track
- First Aid
- Stager- organize the riders at the gate
- Gate Starter- operate the gate
- Finish line
- Cleaning of the bathrooms
- Emptying the garbage cans and taking to the dumpster
- Taking the recycling to the bottle depot
- Help organize any fundraisers
- Help out at any work parties
- Fixing and paint the bleachers
- Lawn mowing and weed wacking, weed pulling
- fix old picnic tables and paint
- paint new picnic tables