Kingston BMX Association Re-Open Guidelines
Updated for Phase 1 on June 5, 2021
- SICK - If you are sick or have had any exposure to COVID-19 – see symptoms below and if you have any of them PLEASE STAY HOME
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – All persons from different households are to remain at least 6 feet apart from others at all times – including in the parking lot of KBMX as well as inside and outside of the track area. Face masks are optional but are required if social distancing is not able to be practiced.
- PARKING – Please park at least 6 ft. apart to adhere to social distancing.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY – there will be NO REG AT THE TRACK – spaces are limited and on a first come basis – you will receive a confirmation email after your payment has been received with your scheduled practice time.
- CANADA BMX LICENSE – Your Canada BMX license is required to be valid and if it needs to be renewed, this will have to be done online at https://www.bmxcanada.org and the link can be found under the “RIDERS” tab – follow the directions and if you have not created an online account, you will have to do so. Anyone with an expired license or without proof of renewal will not be allowed on the track.
- PAYMENT – must be submitted during registration process prior to the event. CASH will NOT be accepted at the track.
- MAX # OF RIDERS WILL BE 10 - ONLY the registered riders and KBMX staff /volunteers will be inside the gates at each practice/race session.
- RIDERS TO BE READY IN FULL GEAR - Please ensure you or your rider are in your full gear when you come to the entrance gate – gloves, helmet, jersey/long sleeved shirt, pants and appropriate footwear and are ready to go.
- PARENT/GUARDIAN – only one Parent/Guardian per rider under the age of 18 – we would ask that if siblings are not partaking in the practice, they do not come to the track.
- NO SPECTATORS – due to Provincial Guidelines, there are to be no additional spectators at the track besides the parent/guardian and they will be asked to leave.
- NO SNACK SHACK – is closed – you are welcome to bring your own beverages/cooler/snacks, but we ask that they remain at your vehicle and you take your trash home with you
- BE ON TIME – we would ask that you not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your session and do not stay past 15 minutes after your track time – please remain at your vehicle until your timeslot is called to the gate
- LATE ARRIVALS – will NOT be permitted inside the gate once the event has begun – please be on time
- RESPECT – Please respect these guidelines and understand that if you or your rider are not following these guidelines, you will be asked to leave the track. We want this to be successful and be a safe place for all to enjoy. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AND PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING.